There’s nothing like a good cooking experiment- especially where bacon is involved!
Today I was going to make fried rice, but I really wanted a fried brunch, so I decided to fuse the two together! Recipe is as follows.
You will need
50g dry rice per person
1 spring onion per person
2 teaspoons sesame oil
soy sauce, salt, and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
whatever breakfast things you fancy- I’ve gone for bacon, tomato and black pudding
1) Cook the rice as per the instructions and leave it to cool (this stops it sticking in the pan)
2)Beat the egg and sesame oil together and leave to one side. Chop up all the other non-rice ingredients into cubes and leave to one side
3) Heat the vegetable oil in a pan or wok. Add the cold rice and stir fry until heated through (3-4 mins)
4) In a separate pan (you can push the rice to one side and do it in the same pan if you like), put in the stuff you chopped up earlier and fry until the meat is thoroughly cooked. You may prefer to grill the meat and chop it up afterwards to be a little bit healthier
5) Toss these ingredients in with the rice and stir-fry for another 3-4 minutes. Add soy sauce and pepper to taste
6) Push the rice to one side of the pan. Pour the egg/ oil mixture onto the exposed bit and leave for 10-15 seconds until it begins to set. When this happens, swirl it up with a fork or chopstick and toss it into the rice, stir frying for a further minute or so. Serve immediately, and you’re done!